Feeding Hungry Kids in Colorado’s Jefferson County
- More than 30,000 children in Colorado’s Jefferson County receive subsidized meals at school, but sometimes find the cupboard bare at home.
- At some locations where we deliver food, half the children sometimes go hungry.
- Studies show they may suffer health issues, poor growth and development, emotional problems, and poor school performance.
WHAT WE DO
- As a mobile pantry, we deliver bags of food currently to more than 500 children and their families each week.
- We have served more than 50 locations, including elementary, middle, and high schools, plus Metro West Housing Authority communities and Head Starts.
- We partner with school liaisons to identify families in need, and work with Food Bank of the Rockies to obtain quality food.
YOU CAN HELP
- Visit www.jeffcoeats.org to get involved by delivering food, packing food shares, or picking up food orders.
- Host a food drive. Email email@example.com.
- Donate at www.jeffcoeats.org.
Our mission is to help kids and families eatto ensure that no child goes hungry.
We never stop working towards this goal!